The Colorado School of Mines Greek Community's
5-Star Expectation & Incentive Program
Purpose & Overview:
The Purpose of the ALPHA program is to encourage the Mines Greek Community to achieve higher standards which showcase a positive image, successful operations and management, and chapter achievements. The ALPHA program is a collection of standards that chapters are encouraged to accomplish in five key categories. Chapters will earn a star for each category in which the established requirements are accomplished. A total of five stars may be earned by each chapter (one star may be earned in each category). Chapters that obtain a star in all five categories will achieve ALPHA status. ALPHA status chapters will be eligible for a set of incentive rewards determined on an annual basis. The program will be administered on an academic year basis, running from August to May of each year. Chapters will be publicly recognized for their acheivement at the Student Organization Awards and Recognition (SOAR) Banquet at the end of the Spring Semester.
CHAPTER INCENTIVE REWARDS for 2014:
Chapters receiving three or more stars are eligible for the following incentives:
- Correspondence will be sent to the chapter’s Inter/National Headquarters informing the office staff of the chapter’s success
- Recognition at the information sessions held during Parent Orientation each summerAbility to advertise during recruitment their ALPHA statusEmail sent on chapter's behalf to Accepted Students/Intent to Enroll to be used for summer recruitment and scholarship opportunities (IFC Chapters only)
Chapters receiving four or more stars are eligible for the following incentives (in addition to the ones listed above):
- Publicly recognized via the Student Organization Awards and Recognition event.
- Receive Leadership funding (up to $250) from Student Activities to be used to send delegates to National/Regional leadership conferences. This funding must be used between the dates of July 1, 2014 and May 15, 2015.
Chapters receiving all five stars (ALPHA status) are eligible for the following incentives (in addition to the ones listed above):
- Receive a plaque indicating their ALPHA status, that may be displayed in their chapter house
- Receive Leadership funding (up to $750) from Student Activities to be used to send delegates to National/Regional leadership conferences. This funding must be used between the dates of July 1, 2014 and May 15, 2015.
- May apply for “Chapter of the Year” award (the award comes with $1000 to be used for housing/chapter improvement projects)
All application packets will be due on May 2nd, 2014
- Student Organizations
- Undergrad Student Gov
- Mines Activities Council
- Board of Student Organizations
- Get Started with OrgSync
- Report a Student Organization Incident
Office Information8:00 - 17:00, Monday - Friday
SA Office StaffDirector of Student Activities
Assoc. Dir. of Student Activities
for Campus Programs
Asst. Dir. of Student Activities
for Student Organizations