Community service is something we are very passionate about. From volunteering at Graduation and Career Fair, to helping out (and eating chili) at the Golden Chili Cook-off; Blue Key is everywhere! It is not uncommon for us to have over 300 combined service hours over the course of a year!
Scroll down to learn about some of the past service we have done.
- Light Up Golden - Members help decorate the Golden Chamber and Pioneer Museum for the holidays.
- Project Angelheart - is local organization that provides meals to people who are sick. Our chapter members visit various local restaurants and distribute information about Project Angelheart while thanking restaurant patrons for their support.
- Thomas the Tank Engine - When Thomas the Tank Engine is at the Colorado/Golden Railroad Museum, students volunteer to help in a variety of different ways in the Thomas store, helping children get on the train and serving food.
- Special Olympics - We send volunteers to support Special Olympics events at local resorts.
- Local elementary schools - Our chapter members have designed and presented demonstrations on electricity to 3rd grade classes at local elementary schools. This was a huge success for both our chapter members and the 3rd grades. Our members have also volunteered at a local elementary fundraising carnival.
- Into the streets - is a CSM service effort where all CSM student organizations sign up to volunteer wherever Golden needs us. Projects have included yard work for one of the local historical buildings and museums as well as service work on campus.
- Breakfast with Santa - In partnership with the Buffalo Rose in Golden students helped entertain and feed kids attending the event.
- CSM Food Drive - Our chapter members participate in the annual CSM Thanksgiving food drive. Members have conducted a trick-or-treat for cans drive to obtain food,assisted in delivering boxes to campus departments, picked up and transported food, helped to sort food, and assist in making and distributing the food boxes. The cans collected were then used for Castle of Cans, where teams build themed designs using the cans. After the event the cans are donated to the Jeffco Action Center.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure - As a chapter we sold pink light bulbs that were once used on the Mount Zion M as ornaments to raise money for breast cancer research. All proceeds were donated to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.
- Good Will Drive - At the end of the year when students are leaving for summer holiday, our chapter distributes boxes in campus living to collect unwanted clothing, furniture, canned foods, appliances, etc. which we then donate to the Golden branch of Good Will.
- Habitat for Humanity - Our members have participated in building a habitat house for those less fortunate.
- Whale of a Used Book Sale - Our members assisted with the annual used book sale that takes place at the Jeffco library
- Golden Chili Cookoff - We helped clean up after the Golden chili cook off. Many of us also enjoyed some chili beforehand