The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) was founded in 1950 and is a non-profit educational service organization of undergraduate and graduate engineers, as well as professional women and men within the engineering profession. The national membership of SWE is more than 14,000 with 254 student sections. More information is available at the National SWE website.
Benefits of Joining
- Weekly meetings with speakers from industry (free lunch provided at each meeting!)
- Outreach opportunities, especially for K-12 girls
- Having fun!
- Networking opportunities with company representatives (learn about internships and jobs)
- Opportunities to attend Regional and National SWE conferences
- Meeting other women (and men) at Mines
College to Career Membership
The C2C membership option makes you a SWE member through all of college, graduate school, and the first year of professional membership, for a low one-time price of $50.
One Year Membership
Makes you a collegiate member for one fiscal year, July 1-June 30 for the price of $20.
Go to the national SWE website ( www.swe.org ) and click on membership -> join.
NOTE: Don't forget to select Mines as your collegiate section! Joining the collegiate section makes you a national member.