The Colorado School of Mines student section of SWE is the largest professional organization on campus and the largest collegiate SWE section in the nation.
What is SWE?
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) was founded in 1950 and is a non-profit educational service organization of undergraduate and graduate engineers, as well as professional women and men within the engineering profession. The national membership of SWE is more than 14,000 with 254 student sections.
The CSM collegiate chapter of SWE is part of Region i, and is affiliated with the Rocky Mountain Professional Section of SWE. More information can be found at the National SWE website. To stay up to date with current events in the region, check out the Region i Blog.
- Weekly meetings with speakers from industry (free lunch provided at each meeting!)
- Outreach opportunities, especially for K-12 girls
- Having fun!
- Networking opportunities with company representatives (learn about internships and jobs)
- Opportunities to attend Regional and National SWE conferences
- Meeting other women (and men) at Mines
Wednesdays at noon, locations vary. See the list of upcoming meetings for more information.
Not a Member?
If you are not currently a member of SWE, we invite you to take the time to find out what we are about! Please see the "How to Join" link for more information.
Girls Lead the Way
Girls Lead the Way is a Leadership Conference for High School Girls. They will participate in an experience that will help guide them toward a STEM future through different aspects of leadership. Sponsored by the CSM collegiate section and the Rocky Mountain Professional Section of the Society of Women Engineers. The event will take place at Colorado School of Mines (1600 Maple St.) on Saturday, February 6th from 8:30 am - 2:15 pm. The cost is $25. You can pre-register here before January 29th. For more information, and to view a flyer, visit the page here.
Florence Caldwell Scholarship
Congratulations to the Florence Caldwell Scholarship recipients!
- Alex Flanagan
- Jennifer Jacobs
- Melissa Mitton
- Jessica Rivera
Please read our 2015 SWE Newsletter.
Congratulations to the elected officers for 2015-2016:
- President: Chelsea Panos
- VP of Finance: Tabitha Kalin
- VP of Communications: Jessica Lesser
- VP of Member Services: Shae Quigley
- VP of Public Relations: Emma Elefante
- VP of University Relations: Claire Mahoney
- VP of Outreach: Emily Wong
- VP of Special Events: Jennifer Brush
- Fundraising Director: Diana Tamayo
- Awards Director: Hanna Flamme
- Meeting Logistics Directors: Abigail Eustace, Linh Tran, Lydia Kellogg, Nadima Dwihusna
- Website Director: Jennifer Jacobs
- Photography Director: Tabitha Kalin
- Marketing and Publicity Director: Nana Adu
- Girl Scout Outreach Director: Angela Dang
- Girls Lead The Way Director: Alex Flanagan
- Evening With Industry Director: Katarina Bujnoch
- Networking Reception Director: Courtney Bone
- Graduate Member Coordinator: Macy Kiel
Also, congratulations to Jilu Jacob, our SWE Counselor